NeTV release 12 notes
From Chumby Wiki
Revision as of 01:10, 3 October 2011 by Bunnie
- Fixed TKIP wifi-config bug & WEP hex key
- Deal properly with special characters in network_config
- Added UI to manually configure WiFi network
- Added ca-certificates for HTTPS support
- Add watchdog - If the system freezes it will get rebooted now
- Bootloader - You must hold down the button in order to be able to enter the U-boot console
- CPU - Work around some CPU L2 cache coherence bugs that caused incompatibility with JIT self-modifying code
- Browser -- wrapped restart script around browser, so inadvertent crashes due to L2 cache bugs lead to restart of UI instead of hang
- Recover mode -- there is a non-functional recovery mode in the image. Pressing and holding the setup button will reboot into it. Don't use it yet, will be updated to functionality soon.
- bug fix and major UI update for Panel-Help, Panel-Settings
- control panel is now "chumby-aware", i.e., fetches your channel profiles. You should see much more interesting stuff in the channel listings.
- Enable switching to and from Panel-Help and Panel-SystemInfo in AP-mode.
- Added channel listing in Panel-Channels, enable user to "Set Current Channel".
- In widget-listing, match "NeTV Compatiable" widgets.
- Allow user to edit widgets' parameters for "NeTV Compatiable && Has parameter" widgets.
- Automatically correct the time & timezone by using MaxMind's GeoIP webservice
- Added "Enable SSH" at Panel-Setting and Panel-SystemInfo
- SSH can be enabled through UI
- Convert most UDP operations on Android to TCP/HTTP (enhance reliability on congested networks)
- Added activation using XAPI on Android
- Apple TV series 2 compatibility bug fixed.
- Numerous widgets ported to NeTV event-mode format:
- Stock quotes
- google news
- hacker news
- NFL sports scores
- Yahoo news